Monday, January 2, 2012

DIY Cowl Scarf

At recent holiday craft fairs I have been selling some very very lovely cowl scarves that I made out of vintage square scarves. They are so easy and so comfortable, I can't keep it to myself any longer!

diy easy cowl scarf



Supplies:
Scarf - at least 30" long
Pins
Sewing machine (can also be hand sewn)
Scissors


First you need a scarf. I am using a vintage square wool scarf that is 32"
diy easy cowl scarf

Lay it flat and fold one side into the center, and then fold the other side in so they overlap by an inch or two.
diy easy cowl scarf

Pin the two sides together that overlap.
diy easy cowl scarf

Carefully sew the two pinned sides together. Use a thin needle to reduce snagging.
diy easy cowl scarf

Snip the end threads.
diy easy cowl scarf

And you're done!!
diy easy cowl scarf

No comments:

Post a Comment