Thursday, January 5, 2012

DIY: Leather Heart Bookmark

diy leather bookmark heart

I got the idea to make this leather heart bookmark after seeing Simple Serendipities' heart felt bookmark




Skill level: Easy
Time: less than 10 minutes

Supplies:
Leather (I am using a scrap from a vintage leather jacket)
Pen
Scissors
Thread needle
A book
diy leather bookmark heart

Using the corner of the book I created 2 right angles for my hearts.  Them I free hand drew the rest of the hearts and cut them out.  A stencil would work just as well.
 diy leather bookmark heart diy leather bookmark heart

Lay the two hearts one on top of the other with right sides facing out.  Take your threaded needle and and hand stitch the right-angle base of the heart.
 diy leather bookmark heart diy leather bookmark heart diy leather bookmark heart diy leather bookmark heart
 That's it!!

 diy leather bookmark heart

1 comment: