Sunday, December 30, 2012

DIY - Potato Stamp Art

DIY easy potato stamp art

I decided I had to make another piece of pixel art after I saw Design Heaven's DIY : Pyramid Painting.  I took their tutorial and made my own piece of art, and here is how I did it:



Photobucket

Supplies:
-Potato
-Knife
-Plate
-Paint
-Paper.  You can also use an art canvas, fabric, wood...

Skill level - easy

Photobucket
-Cut the potato in half and carve design/image for stamping.  For my pixel are, I cut a basic square shape.
 Photobucket Photobucket

Put a little paint on the plate, dab the potato stamp into the paint, press the stamp gently onto the plate to semi-even coat of paint on the stamp.  And simply start pressing the stamp onto the paper in whatever pattern you desire.  I stamped on the paper 3-4 time before re-inking the stamp.

 Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket diy potato stamp art diy potato stamp art DIY potato stamp art DIY potato stamp art

No comments:

Post a Comment