Wednesday, September 11, 2013

DIY Baby Toms Shoes

diy toms baby shoes

When I came across this adorable TOMS inspired baby shoes tutorial with a free pattern I knew I had to give it a try, especially since I wanted to make a cute baby gift for a friend of mine.



 Although the shoes look a little complex, I was pleasantly surprised at how easy they were to make. I first made a quick sample shoe with some scrap fabric to get myself acquainted with the project since I had never made baby shoes before, nor sew many small scale items. The sample was a success, but did make a few alterations to how I wanted the shoes to look.  I decided excluded the name tags for a simpler look.  I had a little problem sewing the white top "V" so I decided to not include it but still stitched the "V" (which was much easier, not quite as dramatic while still sticking with the TOMS look).  I also made the lining seamless with the help of this tutorial.
Even with the changes I made to the original design, I think the shoes turned out fabulous!!   I can't wait for the baby to grow into them!!

diy toms baby shoes diy toms baby shoes diy toms baby shoes

Click HERE for the TOMS inspired baby shoes tutorial & FREE pattern
Click HERE for the seamless lining tutorial

No comments:

Post a Comment